The Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council will hold a hybrid in-person/virtual Council meeting April 5-7, 2022. Council members, other meeting participants, and members of the public will have the option to attend the meeting in person or participate online via Webex webinar. The meeting will also be live streamed to the Council’s YouTube channel. All attendees, regardless of whether they choose to attend in-person or virtually, will have opportunities to provide comments.
Please see the April 2022 Council Meeting Page for webinar connection instructions, public comment deadlines, briefing materials (as they become available), and other updates.
A detailed agenda is available here. Below is an overview of the primary topics to be covered each day.
Tuesday, April 5
- 2022 Mid-Atlantic State of the Ecosystem & EAFM Risk Assessment Update
- Climate Change Scenario Planning
- Surfclam Species Diagnostics and Population Connectivity Estimates to Inform Management
- Offshore Wind Energy Updates
Wednesday, April 6
- 2023 Golden Tilefish Specifications
- 2023 Blueline Tilefish Specifications
- Sea Turtle Bycatch in MAFMC Trawl Fisheries
- 2022 Illex Specifications
- Atlantic Mackerel Rebuilding 2.0 Amendment: Approve Alternatives for Public Hearing Document
Thursday, April 7
- Business Session