- Bonus of $50 for each scientific pit tag turned in with brown trout
- “Golden ticket” bonus of $300 for each scientific sonic tag turned in
- $250 bonus for best photography of one or more brown trout captured
- $250 bonus for best video of a brown trout being captured at Lees Ferry
- $50 bonus for each three fish turned in during the month
- $500 bonus for the most brown trout submitted between April 1 and May 2
The brown trout population in the Colorado River between Glen Canyon Dam and the Paria River has steadily increased since 2014. As adults, brown trout primarily feed on other fish, threatening downstream native fish species. The Incentivized Harvest management option was favored during a public review of potential brown trout mitigation tools when compared with other tools, such as intensive mechanical removal of brown trout or efforts to disturb brown trout spawning.