SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – ‘Celebrate Bass Fishing Week’ kicks off on Monday, Oct. 3 with the start of the Bass Fishing Hall of Fame’s annual online auction all leading up to induction of the 2022 class at the Hall’s annual plaque unveiling ceremony and dinner gala at the Wonders of Wildlife Museum & Aquarium on Oct. 6.
“This is the one night of the year when everyone in the bass fishing world gathers to celebrate our sport,” said Bass Fishing Hall of Fame Board president John Mazurkiewicz. “There’s a great deal of excitement over the exceptional support we’ve received for our online auction, and the induction dinner is on track to have its largest number of attendees in our history.”
To provide financial assistance to the Hall’s mission of celebrating, promoting and preserving the sport of bass fishing, the online auction (and live auction during the induction dinner with 2018 HOF inductee Kevin VanDam serving at auctioneer), will include a large selection of bucket list trips with Hall of Fame inductees, plenty of other fishing and hunting experiences, unique fishing art items and memorabilia, tournament jerseys from leading professional bass anglers, fishing tackle, and much more. Here’s just a short list of some of the major items up for bid:
- Bass fishing trip in Tennessee with Bill Dance
- Original artwork featuring Hall of Famer’s Ray Scott and Aaron Martens
- Fishing trips with leading pro anglers including Skeet Reese, Johnathon VanDam, Edwin Evers, Jason Christie, Bobby Lane, Randy Howell, Tako Ito, and Hall of Famers Denny Brauer and Larry Nixon
- Guitar signed by country music star Luke Bryan & Bill Dance
- Grenada Lake (MS) guided crappie trip for 2
- Rods, reels and lures from leading brands including Daiwa, Strike King, Lew’s, PRADCO, Rapala, Big Bite Baits, SPRO, Sunline, Gamakatsu, St. Croix, Shimano, Duckett Fishing, and more
- Technical fishing clothing from AFTCO, Simms, HUK, and Marsh Wear
- Handmade custom swimbaits and glide baits, some valued at up to $1,200
- Fishing adventures for redfish on the Mississippi River Delta, big bass action at Grosse Savanne Resort in Louisiana, and crappie fishing with ‘Mr. Crappie’ Wally Marshall.
The online auction can be accessed by bass fishing enthusiasts throughout the U.S. and Canada on their smartphones, tablets and computers.
The Bass Fishing Hall of Fame wishes to acknowledge the financial support provided by presenting sponsors B.A.S.S., Major League Fishing, Phoenix Boats; gold sponsors PRADCO Outdoor Brands, Wired2fish, and Bass Pro Shops/Cabela’s; silver sponsors AFTCO, Daiwa, Rapala, Rather Outdoors, Shimano; and bronze sponsors In-Fisherman, St. Croix, Simms Fishing, Bass Fishing Archives, Costa Compete & Conserve.
A limited number of tickets to the HOF induction ceremonies and dinner remain available until Tuesday, Oct. 3, or until the White River Conference Center banquet facility reaches its capacity limits. To purchase tickets and/or tables – visit https://one.bidpal.net/bassfishinghof22/ticketing, or contact Barbara Bowman at email@example.com – or call 501.541.6601.
The Bass Fishing Hall of Fame exhibit, within Johnny Morris’ Museum and Aquarium Wonders of Wildlife Bass Pro Shops’ flagship store in Springfield, Mo., showcases more than 80 individuals who helped shape the sport of bass fishing and have been enshrined in the Hall. Information on visiting the 350,000-square-foot Wonders of Wildlife Museum can be found at www.wondersofwildlife.org. For more information about the Bass Fishing Hall of Fame and to learn how to support its missions, visit www.bassfishinghof.com.