Founded in 2009 by Mike Iaconelli and Pete Gluszek, The Bass University (BU) offers acclaimed bass fishing education programs in three formats: online, in the classroom, and on the water. The Bass University builds programs that help anglers of all skill levels gain confidence in new tactics and techniques to catch bass consistently. – “Never Stop Learning”
Each Bass University event location features six Pro Anglers, who will present a total of 12 seminars over two days. Each seminar is approximately 45+ minutes and covers cutting-edge bass fishing tactics, techniques, and tackle. Attendees can ask questions during the round-table discussion and rub elbows with the pros during breakout sessions. Bass University seminars are two-day events, but individual days can be purchased when selecting ticket options. Additionally, all students receive a T-shirt and a loaded gift bag full of valuable tackle and special sponsor offers. They also have a chance to win great prizes.
We are very excited to also announce a new addition to Bass University classes. Each class will feature breakout sessions featuring Sonar Education. Each class will be staffed with sonar experts to answer questions regarding operation and installation of Humminbird, Lowrance and Garmin products. Bass U is dedicated to teaching anglers how to get the most out of their electronics.
Sonar Specialists include:
- Anderson, SC – The Sonar Pros – Trent Palmer
- Gadsden, AL – Bucks Island Marine – Israel Britt
- Athens, TX – The Bass Tank – John Soukup and Scott Palmer
- Anderson, South Carolina – Jan 14 & 15
- Saturday, 14th – Drew Benton: Drew Cook: Fred Roumbanis
- Sunday, 15th – Bryan Schmitt: John Murray: John Crews
- Gadsden, Alabama – Jan 21 & 22
- Saturday 21st – Mike Iaconelli, Ryan Salzman, Matt Herron
- Sunday 22nd – Brandon Lester, Scott Canterbury, Brian Thrift
- Athens, Texas – Jan 28 & 29
- Saturday 28th – Lee Livesay, Stephen Browning, Jay Przekurat
- Sunday 29th – Keith Combs, John Soukup, TBA
Anglers of all skill levels can register online at TheBassUniversity.com/class-training to guarantee a spot in the class. Walk-in registrants are welcome if space allows, starting at 7:00 a.m. on Saturday and 7:30 a.m. on Sunday. Special rates are available for students and youths 17 and younger.