Bonefish & Tarpon Trust is dedicated to the conservation of bonefish, tarpon and permit—the species, their habitats, and the larger fisheries they comprise. We pursue this mission with science-based conservation initiatives, environmental education, and advocacy across a broad region that stretches from the Bahamas to the Yucatan and includes the Southeastern United States. Our record of accomplishment and ongoing research programs distinguish BTT as a global leader in the conservation of these species and their habitats. Visit BTT.org to learn more.
The Executive Assistant provides support to the President & CEO, Board Chair, and leadership of Bonefish & Tarpon Trust.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Executive Assistant is an important team member and represents the organization through daily contact with the Board of Directors, BTT membership, partners, vendors, and others who conduct business with the organization. S(he) will:
- Manage general business communications for the President & CEO and Board Chair, including written correspondence, telephone, digital communications, and personalized communications with major donors and partners.
- Maintain business calendars for the President & CEO, including the scheduling of external meetings, staff meetings, events, conferences, and other activities.
- Support the Board of Directors by coordinating all board and committee meetings; producing and distributing meeting notices; producing and distributing agendas and materials used in meetings; recording and distributing minutes of all meetings; maintaining board records; and other duties as assigned.
- Support the President & CEO in completing the review and processing of contracts, memoranda of understanding, employment agreements, and other legal documents.
- Support the Audit Committee by facilitating communications and processes with external vendors retained to audit financial practices and prepare financial statements annually.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for the President & CEO and senior staff.
- Assist the Director of Operations in managing accounts payable and banking responsibilities, including the processing of a weekly deposits.
- Serve as the point of contact for the President & CEO and Board Chair with other BTT departments and projects.
- Receive mail and other deliveries for BTT leadership and distribute as appropriate.
- Maintain official records and files for the Office of the President.
- Maintain business forms and office supplies for use by senior leadership.
- Maintain in good working order all hardware, software, and other office equipment used by senior leadership.
- With other team members, support BTT’s major events and activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements for the Executive Assistant include:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalency and two years of relevant experience in administrative support and/or customer service.
- Ability to communicate effectively and successfully in oral and written form; excellent public contact and telephone skills; and a thorough knowledge of correct grammar, vocabulary, and spelling.
- Ability to work independently and without close supervision, including the demonstrated ability to perform multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to research, record, and analyze information and recommend solutions to supervisor and colleagues regarding purchasing, business travel, event venues, and matters concerning office efficiency, among others.
- Ability to create and maintain records.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite and proficiency in word processing; understanding and ability to use multi-functional printer.
- Experience working with database management software; knowledge of Raiser’s Edge is a plus.
- Ability to thrive in a small office environment, work collaboratively with others, and demonstrate a relentlessly positive attitude.
- Ability to travel on an occasional basis.
- Demonstrated ability in using discretion where appropriate and maintaining confidentiality in all matters.
- Valid driver’s license.
The Office Manager is based in Coconut Grove, Florida. This is an in-office position. Alternate work locations will not be considered.
Compensation & Benefits
Salary is competitive among non-profit organizations and commensurate with experience. Benefits include health and retirement plans; paid leave for vacation, sickness and Federal Holidays.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter by May 15, 2022, to:
Bonefish & Tarpon Trust
2937 SW 27th Avenue
Miami, Florida 33133