“This show opens just days after the start of Spring, and showcases fishing and a wide variety of outdoor activities including kayaking, hiking, hunting, freshwater & saltwater fishing, paddle boards, safaris, hunting dog training, and more,” explains Kristie Gonsalves, President of North East Expos, Inc., and a past president of the National Association of Consumer Show Producers.
The Connecticut Fishing & Outdoor Show is great for families and is designed for longtime fishing and outdoor enthusiasts, as well as anyone who wants to learn more about angling and other kinds of outdoor adventure. Show highlights include:
Over 125 booths selling latest fishing, hunting and outdoor equipment, and fishing boats.
Expert-led Seminars & Demonstrations including:
Saturday & Sunday Only Roundtable
Discover successful fishing tactics from a roundtable of experts with 150+ years of experience. Alberto Knie, Roy Leyva and Al Gag will cover numerous topics related to lure building, lure design, and how to catch catching a variety of species.
Saturday & Sunday Only Cooking Demonstration
“Field to Flame” Cooking Demonstrations by Matt Wettish, Turkey Hunter/Champion Caller and Real Outdoors TV video series and Connecticut Chef Van Hurd of TV’s Hell’s Kitchen competition.
- Ron Arra, 5-time U.S. Distance Surfcasting Champion: “Tackle & Techniques: Cast with Less Effort”
- D.J. Muller, authority on catching striped bass from the surf: “Surfcasting for Striped Bass: Reading Water Equals Catching Stripers”.
Friday & Saturday only
- Toby Lapinski, Editor of The Fishing Wire and Fishing Tackle Retailer: Targeting Striped Bass in The Surf With Rubber Eels”.
All Three Days
- Alberto Knie (a/k/a “Crazy Alberto”), World-class extreme trophy game fish hunter: “The Proven Art of Catching Monster Fish; Fresh & Salt”;
- Roy Levya, Freshwater and saltwater fisherman: Lure Demonstrations in the kayak pond;
- Tim Andrus, Hunter and host of Rush Outdoors: “Deer Hunting”;
- Capt. Brian Coombs, Massachusetts fisherman/charter boat captain: “Targeting Trophy-Size Striped Bass”;
- Bobby Uhrig, Professional fisherman & master lure designer: “Locating & Catching Bass Like a Pro”;
- Sheron K. Brown (a/k/a The Lunkerman), Professional tournament angler/guide: “Cold Water Tactics”;
- Capt. Mark Vining of Boat Safe Connecticut;
- Capt. Joe Diorio, saltwater fishing guide: “Fishing Artificial Lures for Trophy Bass”;
- Shane Shanower, Top Fishing Tips & Techniques demonstrations on the Hawg Trough;
- Dave Parrish, Connecticut Delta Waterfowl and snow goose guide of Real Outdoors;
- Captain Greg Dubrule of BlackHawk Sport Fishing in Niantic;
- Captain Mike Roy of Reel Cast Charters of Connecticut: “Long Island Sound: Light Tackle, Big Fish!”;
- Gregg Kobrin of New England Dive in Wallingford: “Spear Fishing”, and Kayaking and Scuba demos;
- Fred Wilson, Fly Tying Expert: Bass Fishing demonstrations in kayak pond and fly-tying demos; and
- Dylan Napoleone, advocate for youth fishing: “Kid’s Gone Fishin’”.
- Fly casting by experts atop a 5,000-gallon Hawg Trough Live Fish Tank;
- Kayak Pond with Kayak Fishing lessons from Three Belles Outfitters;
- Basics of Training a Hunting Dog live presentations;
- Fly-Tying by Experts including Fred Wilson; and
- How to Use Inflatable Life Jackets by the U.S. Coast Guard.
Meet & Schedule Tours with Charter Boat Fishing Captains, Hunting Outfitters and Outdoor Adventure Promoters. CT Dept. of Energy & Environmental & Protection’s (DEEP) latest rules and regulations, and displays on state’s wildlife, fisheries, boating, hunting and parks.
Hands-On Activities include: BlackHawk virtual fishing fighting chair simulator, and a
Laser Shot Range from the CT Dept. of Energy & Environmental & Protection (DEEP).
2,400-sq.-foot Booth from Goose Hummock Shop of Cape Cod featuring 12-foot-deep jigging tank for demos of vertical jigs and techniques, and sale of many brands of outdoor equipment and apparel.
- Discounted online tickets on sale now: $12 for Adults; Free Tickets for Kids under Age 12 at www.CTFishingOutdoorShow – can be purchased online any time under the show ends.
- General admission at the door: $15 Adults; Free for Children Under Age 12.