PARK FALLS, WI – The best ice anglers constantly adapt; adjusting presentations to maximize success. Knowing when to change things up is only part of the equation. Whether switching from heavy spoons to tungsten jigs when crappies turn less aggressive or abandoning jigging and doubling up on dead stick presentations when walleyes get finicky, adaptive anglers need a variety of quality ice rods to facilitate any desired technique at a moment’s notice.
Consisting of 12 models ranging in length from 24” to 36” and covering the gamut between ultralight and heavy power, St. Croix’s new Skandic Ice Series rods provide the upper hand in any hardwater eventuality, supporting precise presentations while offering extreme durability. Combining custom looks with high-quality components and angler-preferred ergonomics, new Skandic rods hit the sweet spot for premium performance- and value-minded ice anglers, looking, feeling and performing well beyond their $75 to $110 retail price range.
Skandic Ice rods are handcrafted on St. Croix’s proven, precision-taper solid carbon (SC) blanks, renowned for their ideal combination of maximum action, sensitivity, control and strength with minimal weight. For the angler, that means rods and actions that are a joy to fish, with precise, sensitive tips and powerful backbones.
New Skandic Ice rod handles feature the most durable cork material St. Croix engineers have ever tested. Custom handle configurations are optimized on Skandic models based on angler preference and in support of intended techniques – split-grip cork on UL, L and LM models, full-grip cork on M models, and full handles with reel seats on MH and H models.
Skandic Ice rods feature an innovative new Seaguide Delta TYG guide train. The modified triangular design of these single-foot stainless-steel insert guides with ADAMANTM coating reduces friction when line spirals through the guide array, helping Skandic anglers drop down to the fish faster and more efficiently.
An aggressive matte-green finish gives an exciting aesthetic to this all-new series.
New St. Croix Skandic Ice Series Features
- Precision-taper solid carbon blanks
- Color-contrasting tips on UL and L models
- Seaguide® Delta TYG stripper, running and choke guides
- Ultra-durable agglomerated cork handles – split-grip or full-grip, optimized by technique
- Integral reel seats on MH and H models
- Stainless steel hook keeper
- Five-year warranty backed by St. Croix Superstar Service
- Designed in Park Falls, U.S.A. and handcrafted in North America (Fresnillo, Mexico)
- Retail price: $75-$115
New St. Croix Skandic Ice Series Models
- 24” Ultralight Spinning (SKAS24UL), split-grip / Retail $75
- 24” Medium Light Spinning (SKAS24ML), split-grip / Retail $75
- 24” Medium Spinning (SKAS24M), split-grip / Retail $75
- 28” Ultralight Spinning (SKAS28UL), split-grip / Retail $80
- 28” Medium Light Spinning (SKAS28ML), split-grip / Retail $85
- 28” Medium Spinning (SKAS28M), full-grip / Retail $85
- 32” Medium Spinning (SKAS32M), full-grip / Retail $90
- 36” Light Spinning (SKAS36L), split-grip / Retail $85
- 36” Medium Spinning (SKAS36M), full-grip / Retail $100
- 36” Medium Heavy Spinning (SKAS36MH), full-grip with reel seat / Retail $100
- 34” Medium Heavy Casting (SKAC34MH), full-grip with reel seat / Retail $110
- 34” Heavy Casting (SKACC34H), full-grip with reel seat / Retail $110
Exciting new St. Croix Skandic Ice rods are designed and handcrafted to cover any specific hardwater presentation with a winning combination of precision performance, durability and value. They’ll be available for purchase at St. Croix dealers worldwide and online at stcroixrods.com on August 1, 2022.
See them in the St. Croix booth #3024 at ICAST 2022 and in the ICE category of the 2022 ICAST New Product Showcase.
About St. Croix Rod
Headquartered in Park Falls, Wisconsin, St. Croix has been proudly producing the “Best Rods on Earth” for nearly 75 years. Combining state-of-the-art manufacturing processes with skilled craftsmanship, St. Croix is the only major producer to still build rods entirely from design through manufacturing. The company remains family-owned and operates duplicate manufacturing facilities in Park Falls and Fresnillo, Mexico. With popular trademarked series such as Legend®, Legend Xtreme®, Avid®, Premier®, Imperial®, Triumph® and Mojo, St. Croix is revered by all types of anglers from around the world.