The Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission will meet at 9:30 a.m., Thursday, November 3 on the Louisiana Tech University campus in Ruston. Directions and parking instructions are below.
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Adoption of October 6, 2022, Commission Meeting Minutes
5. Approval of November 3, 2022 Agenda
6. Commission Special Announcements / Personal Privilege
7. Enforcement Report, October 2022 – Major Edward Skena, Enforcement Division
8. Announce Winner of the 2023-2024 Waterfowl Conservation Stamp Competition – Jason Olszak, Waterfowl Program Manager
9. Receive and Consider a Declaration of Emergency and Corresponding Notice of Intent to Establish a Special Certificate Agent System for Purposes of Online Motorboat Registration – Cole Garrett, General Counsel
10. Receive Public Comments
11. Consider Holding an Executive Session, Pursuant to R.S. 42:17(A)(2), to Discuss Prospective Litigation Regarding Damages to Certain LDWF Property in Cameron, Vermilion and Jefferson Parishes – Cole Garrett, General Counsel
A live audio/video broadcast of this meeting will be available via Zoom. To view via webinar register at: https://wlf-la.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_iIE33EuAQ2mR_qAe1DbMZw
Joe Aillet Stadium Press Box and Suites
1450 West Alabama Avenue
Ruston, LA 71272
Parking for guests is available between the Davison Athletics Complex and the Thomas Assembly Center. We advise all guests to park in front of the Press Box and Suites and enter the north or south lobby. After entering the Suites, please take the elevator to the “S” level to the Suites Club Level.
From Interstate 20:
Take exit #84 and go south. At the first red light turn right on West Alabama Avenue. Your next right will take you into the parking area.
From HWY 167 South:
As you enter Ruston, HWY 167 will split with business between the northbound and southbound lanes. In downtown Ruston, you will cross a set of railroad tracks. At the second red light past the railroad tracks turn left onto West Alabama Avenue. You will travel approximately 1 mile down West Alabama Avenue before you reach Tech Drive. At that point, you will be able to see the football stadium on your right. Continue on West Alabama Avenue, and take the next right into the parking area.
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is charged with managing and protecting Louisiana’s abundant natural resources. Help us protect your hunting and fishing heritage while preserving habitat, wildlife, and aquatic resources by purchasing your license at https://louisianaoutdoors.com/.