The Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council will meet Tuesday, April 4 – Thursday, April 6, 2023 in Durham, North Carolina. This will be an in-person meeting with a virtual option. Please see the April 2023 Council Meeting Page for webinar details, public comment deadlines, briefing materials (as they become available), and other updates.
A detailed agenda is available here. Below is an overview of the main topics to be addressed each day.
Tuesday, April 4th
- Executive Committee Meeting (Closed Session) – SSC Membership, Award of Excellence nominations
- Short-Term Forecasts of Species Distributions for Fisheries Management Project Results
- East Coast Climate Change Scenario Planning – update from February 2023 East Coast Scenario Planning Summit
Wednesday, April 5th
- Illex Squid: Review 2023 Specifications and Set 2024-2025 Specifications (MSB Committee of the Whole)
- Illex Squid Permit Action Follow-Up (MSB Committee of the Whole)
- Habitat Activities Update – aquaculture, wind, other projects
- Ocean City Video Boat Count Project Results
- Update from ACCSP on Atlantic Recreational Data Implementation Plan
- Marine Recreational Information Program Update
- Scup Federal Recreational Season – review recent ASMFC Board recommendation and consider similar Council action
- 2023 Mid-Atlantic State of the Ecosystem Report
- NOAA Draft National Seafood Strategy
Thursday, April 6th
- Business Session
- Other Business and General Public Comment
Questions? Contact Mary Sabo, [email protected]org, (302) 526-5261.