The Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council will meet December 12-15, 2022 in Annapolis, Maryland. Portions of the meeting will be conducted jointly with the Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission’s Summer Flounder, Scup, and Black Sea Bass Management Board and Interstate Fishery Management Program Policy Board.
This will be conducted as a hybrid meeting. Council members, other meeting participants, and members of the public will have the option to participate in person at The Westin Annapolis or virtually via Webex webinar. Please see the December 2022 Council Meeting Page for webinar details, public comment deadlines, briefing materials (as they become available), and other updates.
A detailed agenda is available here. Below is an overview of the main topics to be covered each day.
Monday, December 12
- Executive Committee (Closed Session)
- Habitat Activities Update
- Offshore Wind Updates
- Atlantic Surfclam and Ocean Quahog Species Separation Requirements Amendment – Final Action
Tuesday, December 13
(Joint with ASMFC boards)
- Harvest Control Rule Framework / Addendum Percent Change Approach and Recreational Fishery Models
- 2023 Scup Recreational Measures
- 2023 Black Sea Bass Recreational Measures
- 2023 Summer Flounder Recreational Measures
- Previously Initiated Recreational Reform Actions
Wednesday, December 14
- Climate Change Scenario Planning
- Monkfish Framework 13: 2023-2025 Specifications and Management Measures
- Protected Resources Updates
- 2023 Implementation Plan
Thursday, December 15
- Proposed Hudson Canyon National Marine Sanctuary
- Business Session
Questions? Contact Mary Sabo, firstname.lastname@example.org, (302) 526-5261.