The New England Fishery Management Council will hold a four-day hybrid meeting from Monday, September 26 through Thursday, September 29, 2022. This will be an in-person meeting coupled with a webinar option for individuals who cannot or prefer not to attend in person.
COVID PROTOCOLS: The Council continues to follow all public safety measures related to COVID-19 and intends to do so for this meeting. Please participate remotely if you are experiencing COVID symptoms or do not feel well. Updates will be posted on the meeting webpage as needed.
START TIME: 1:00 p.m. on Monday and 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. The webinar will end shortly after the Council adjourns each day.
OFFSHORE WIND INFORMATIONAL SESSION: After the Council concludes its business onWednesday, September 28, 2022, fisheries liaisons from several offshore wind-energy development companies will host an informational meet-and-greet poster session. All are welcome to attend.
PUBLIC COMMENT OPPORTUNITIES: The Council wants to hear from you. Here’s how you can let the Council know what you think.
- WRITE A LETTER: The deadline for submitting written comments for consideration at this meeting is 8:00 a.m. on Thursday, September 22, 2022. Please note that written commentsmust address items listed on the agenda for this meeting.
- TALK TO THE COUNCIL: You’ll be able to address the Council directly through two different avenues:
- By commenting on motions at the discretion of the Council chair (if commenting remotely, raise your hand on the webinar and unmute yourself when called upon); and
- By speaking during the open period for public comment. Here are the Guidelines for Providing Public Comment.
- OPEN PERIOD FOR PUBLIC COMMENT: On Thursday, September 29, 2022 at 1:30 p.m., the Council will offer the public an opportunity to provide comments on issues relevant to Council business but not listed on this agenda. Given the Council’s busy meeting schedule, we ask that you limit remarks to 3-5 minutes.
- SIGN UP: Interested in speaking? If attending in person, fill out the sign-up sheet on the table at the entrance to the Council meeting room. To speak remotely, email Janice Plante at firstname.lastname@example.org to get on the list.
WEBINAR REGISTRATION: Online access to the meeting is available at Listen Live. There is no charge to access the meeting through this webinar.
- Here are instructions in the Remote Participation Guide for successfully joining and participating in the webinar.
- THIS IS KEY! If you want to speak during opportunities for public comment, you need to: (1) register for the webinar; and (2) actually “join” the webinar. People who call in by telephone without joining the webinar will be in listen-only mode. Those who take both steps – register and then join the webinar – will see the meeting screen and be able to click on a “raise hand” button, which will let the meeting organizer know you want to be unmuted to speak.
- We have a Help Desk in case you get stuck joining the webinar or have trouble along the way. Phone numbers are listed on the Help Desk Poster, or just email email@example.com and we’ll get right back to you.
CALL-IN OPTION: To listen by telephone without joining the webinar, dial +1 (415) 930-5321. The access code is 796-424-723. Please be aware that if you dial in, your regular phone charges will apply. Remember, you will not be able to speak if you do not first join the webinar as described above. This phone number provides a “listen-only” option without the webinar component.
AGENDA: All meeting materials and the agenda are available on the Council’s website at NEFMC September 26-29, 2022 meeting. Additional documents will be posted as they become available.
THREE MEETING OUTLOOK: A copy of the New England Council’s Three Meeting Outlook is available HERE.