The Sea Tow Foundation Boating Safety Advisory Council (formerly known as the North American Sober Skipper Advisory Council) provides highly valued insight and recommendations regarding a variety of boating safety initiatives.
- Council members represent a broad-based perspective from the boating industry as associations, boat shows, government agencies, manufacturing, media, service industry, and retail.
- Council members are decision makers and influencers in the boating industry.
- Council members serve for two-year terms and may serve two consecutive terms.
- Members attend quarterly virtual meetings and travel to one annual meeting held in conjunction with a major industry event
Current Members of the Sea Tow Foundation Boating Safety Advisory Council:
- Shannon Aronson, American Boat & Yacht Council (ABYC)
- Laura Barry, West Marine
- Captain Bob May, Bob’s No Wake Zone Boating Radio Show
- David Connolly, TH Connolly & Sons Inc.
- Jim Emmons, Water Sports Foundation (WSF)
- Kevin Falvey, Boating Magazine/Bonnier
- John Jost, Ken Cook Co.
- Captain Keith Lake, MarineMax
- TK Krumenacker,The Bedford Group
- Tyler Mehrl, Mercury Marine
- Mark Pillsbury, Cruising World Magazine
- Adam Quandt, Boating Industry Magazine
- Scott Rath, Uflex USA, Inc.
- Chad Tokowicz, Marine Retailers Association of the Americas (MRAA)
- Angie Scott, The Woman Angler & Adventurer Podcast
- Eric Shepard, Retired (30 years in the marine and aviation safety industries)
- Nic Thomas, Freedom Boat Club
- Stephanie Vatalaro, Recreational Boating & Fishing Foundation (RBFF)
- Annamarie Worrell, Emerald Coast Marine Group
- Leslie Zlotnick, Yamaha Watercraft Group
In addition, an executive committee directs and facilitates advisory council efforts:
- Kristen Frohnhoefer, President of the Board, Sea Tow Foundation
- Gail R. Kulp, Executive Director, Sea Tow Foundation
- Wanda Kenton Smith, President, Kenton Smith Marketing
Access the application HERE.