The Maryland Department of Natural Resources Fishing and Boating Services is scoping possible regulatory changes on the following topics:
- Blue Crabs — Coastal Bays Commercial Crab Pot Limit
- Blue Crabs — Crab Pot Line Clarifications
- Gear — Projectile Gear
- Nontidal — Addition of Little Pipe Creek Put-and Take Trout Fishing Area
- Nontidal — Fishing Hours for Trout
- Nontidal — Removal of Jones Falls Special Management Area
- Nontidal — Youth Only Trout Fishing Day
- Shell Recycling Tax Credit — Repeal
During the scoping process, the department gathers suggestions and ideas from stakeholders and others about how to solve a fishery problem or address a need.
The goal of scoping is to identify issues, potential impacts, and reasonable alternatives associated with the issues so that management actions can be developed.
Please visit our Changes to Fishing Regulations page for more information about what the department is considering and how to submit comments.
All comments must be received by 11:59 p.m. on August 15, 2022