White Bear Lake, MN – There is still time to enter the 2024 Fish Art Contest! Students have until February 28th, 2024, to create and share their entry for the chance to win international recognition and prizes.
The contest is open internationally to students in kindergarten-12th grade. Simply create an original piece of art featuring a wild fish species and a one-page piece of creative writing, then enter at www.FishArt.org. The program allows students to use their creativity to relate to the natural world while learning about aquatic conservation.
Wildlife Forever works closely with other organizations to offer specialty award categories each year. The specialty awards for 2024 are as follows:
- The International Game Fish Association Conservation Award: Debris Division
- Art must be created from found materials and recycled plastics.
- The Guy Harvey Shark Award
- Artwork must feature any species of shark.
- The National Fish Habitat Partnership Writing Award
- Creative writing must answer “Why do you think it is important to protect our lakes, rivers, estuaries, and coastlines?”
- The Western Native Trout Award
- Artwork must feature a western native trout species.
- The Invader Crusader Award
- Artwork must feature an aquatic invasive species in addition to any fish species.
Click here to learn more about the requirements for each award.
The Art of Conservation® Fish Art Contest is made possible by Title Sponsor Bass Pro Shops, the USDA Forest Service, The International Game Fish Association, The Guy Harvey Foundation, and The National Fish Habitat Partnership.
Learn more about the Fish Art Contest: