The Fishing and Marine Industry Daily News Feed

Waypoint TV’s Wild Whitetail Winter Wonderland & Lunkerville Fishmas Christmas Weekend

Austin, Texas – The world’s leading entertainment destination for hunting, fishing, and outdoor adventure programming, Waypoint TV is celebrating the holiday season with Waypoint TV’s Wild Whitetail Winter Wonderland and Lunkerville Fishmas on December 24 and 25. Enjoy some snowy outdoor adventures by tuning in on Samsung TV Plus (Channel 1184), PLUTO (Channel 2205), VIZIO WatchFree+ (Channel 630), LG (Channel 486), FuboTV, SLING, XUMO (Channel 718), and Local Now (Channel 2100) or on the Waypoint TV website or app.

 On Christmas Eve, from 6 to 11 pm ET, cozy up on the couch with the family and enjoy the best whitetail hunting series filled with the unexpected. Enjoy the winter wonderland and Christmas miracle monster buck episodes of Struttinbuck, Bearded Buck, Primal Divide, HuntStand Presents, The Break TV, Team200, Storytellers, The Raven Project, Innerloc’s Outthere, and Blood Origins. And don’t forget to put the milk, cookies, and reindeer food out before bed.

Then, join us on Christmas Day at 1 pm ET for “It’s A Lunkerville Fishmas”! This special holiday episode from Lunkerville is not just a holiday fishing episode, but an annual outreach campaign for Get Folks Fishing Foundation (GFF) that brings awareness to the mental and social health benefits of recreational fishing. For more information on Get Folks Fishing Foundation, click here.

“The last few years have made mental health issues real for too many of us and finding ways to well-being are more important than ever.”, says Michael de Avila, host of Lunkerville and GFF founder.  “With recreational fishing now recognized as being just as effective as meditation to reduce anxiety and improve mood levels, growing Get Folks Fishing has become my number one priority. A recent survey showed that only 18% of people in America fish.  We need to reach the other 82% who have never even considered fishing for fun, let alone therapy.  There’s no better time to get folks fishing!”

“The holidays are a fantastic time to enjoy family, friends, and reflect on the great memories made throughout the year. I am excited to gather with my family and enjoy these special events as we look back on the hard work and fun had by the Waypoint Team and producers. We’re also looking toward the 2023 horizon and the great things we have planned for our viewers,” said Waypoint TV CEO, Builder Brock.

About Lunkerville

When Indie film director Michael de Avila hooked his passion for story telling onto his love of fishing, he spawned the documentary fishing series Lunkerville: The show that features real people with real fish stories. ‘Mike D’ casts his line at everyday, recreational anglers, travel to their secret spots, share their special techniques, and make them the expert stars of the day. In his signature laid-back manner, he reels in the camaraderie, the fun and the fish.  Lunkerville also hosts one of the most popular Facebook pages for an outdoors TV series, with over half-a-million fan followers, and has an exploding presence on TikTok, Instagram and YouTube Shorts.  For more information visit www.lunkerville.com.

About Get Folks Fishing

The GFF Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that seeks to improve the mental health and social wellness of individuals and communities through recreational fishing outreach programs. The initiative was started in 2020, during global Covid pandemic, by Lunkerville TV series host and creator, Michael de Avila (“Mike D”), who felt an urgency to address the growing mental health crisis, knowing first-hand how fishing helped bring him calm and connectedness during a period of high stress following 9/11.  The Lunkerville TV series serves the cause by spreading the word through broadcast and streaming channels, offering philanthropic marketing partners media exposure commensurate with their involvement.  On the ground, the Foundation offers free tackle to schools, youth organizations, and community groups; assists adults who want to volunteer their time to teach others how to fish; and provides support for those who want to learn.   For more information, please visit www.getfolksfishing.org.

About Waypoint TV

Waypoint TV is the Destination for entertainment for hunting, fishing, and outdoor adventure content. Waypoint TV is dedicated to providing a true connection between the viewer and the outdoors through their Television channel, online streaming platform, Apps, and Podcast Network.  Find your destination at www.waypointtv.com and connect with us on FacebookInstagramTwitter, and YouTube. For additional information, visit www.waypointtv.com.

Keep your finger on the fishing industry pulse

The Definititive News Source of the Fishing & Marine Industry